Thursday, July 28, 2016

I am absolutely brimming with nervous excitement over the possibilities that lay before me

“If we never had the courage to take a leap of faith, we'd be cheating God out of a chance to mount us up with wings like eagles and watch us soar.” ~Jen Stephens, The Heart's Journey Home

I can't sleep. I gave it my best shot, but my brain is WIDE awake. My body is rebelling at my brain, and I know will pay for it in the morning, but I am just way too excited about a new project I have in the works to take time for sleep. (And, there is a storm brewing outside, which always keeps me up)

I can't share details yet, partly because I really don't have them and partly because I need to sit on it for a while and pray about it, but I have a project I feel God has placed on my heart and I am excited to get started on it. I don't know how to begin and I don't know where it will lead me, but I am trusting that the vision he has given me he will help me to accomplish.

I am going to be taking a big leap of faith into some scary and challenging unknowns in the near future and I am going to be pushed far beyond my comfort zone for the sake of this project. I am absolutely brimming with nervous excitement over the possibilities that lay before me. The sky really is the limit with this project and the platform I have been given.

If you think about it, could you please pray for me and for my family as I navigate the unknown path I am going down? Pray that I stay focused on this project and that I don't loose my excitement for it. Pray that I can connect with the right people to help me along the way.

Isaiah 41:10 says, "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." This verse gives me courage to leap with my eyes wide open into this unknown and know that I am going to land in the perfect place. Now, I don't read this verse as guaranteeing my success in this venture - I could fall flat on my nose - but I know that as long as I am working on it that it is blessed by God and good will come from it. The finished 'product' may be forgotten, but the work will be worth it. I just know it!

Have you ever taken a leap of faith and done something scary that you weren't sure you were capable of? Have you ever felt inadequate for a task you have been felt called to complete? I would love to hear about your leap of faith. Share your story in the comments below.

2 comments:

  1. Girl you got this! Prayers that God fills you with all the words you need to share. Prayers that he will comfort your mind and soul and take away any fear and anxiety you are feeling. No worries! Much luck and joy on this venture. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you! Leave a comment here.