Monday, February 17, 2014

Fear is a habit; so is self-pity, defeat, anxiety, despair, hopelessness and resignation. You can eliminate all of these negative habits with two simple resolves: I can!! and I will!!
~Napolean HIll

This past weekend was an ...interesting one. I was fighting off a cold, and was looking forward to a slow weekend. Cam, on a whim, whisked us away to a relaxing three day weekend in the Arkansas Mountains, which was perfect. Our plan to stay there and do nothing was cut short. We were called home due to a family emergency. Cam's Grandad was kicked by a horse in the head and arm, and was life flighted to Tulsa. His false teeth were broken in half, and his hearing aids actually flew out. his hat and glasses were also knocked off as he actually flew several feet in the air. (Where was the slow-motion camera???) As soon as we got the call, we rounded up our things in record time and drove the longest 4.5 hour drive of our lives, less than a full day after arriving. Luckily, Jim came out the winner, and is doing very well. That man is a fighter.

After sitting for a couple of hours at the hospital, observing absolutely crazy people, and getting nearly lost in what seemed to be an abandoned wing, perfect for an episode of "The Walking Dead," we finally headed home. We did not get to bed until 2AM, and did not wake Sunday morning until we were good and ready. Not only did I wake up with a horrible cold, but I woke up knowing that I had to receive my first Follistim shot that morning. I have been dreading and yet looking forward to this for weeks. That I am starting the shots means that we are one step closer to getting pregnant. However, that joy did not take away the sinking feeling that reminds me of how much I hate needles.

We watched the video again on how to give the shots, and got down to business. Cam actually enjoyed being able to stab me, and it was relatively painless. It did burn pretty badly after, but a little research later, we found out that the nickname for this drug is "follisting". Apparently, if any of the medication touched your skin, it can burn pretty badly.

I now have three shots under my belt, quite literally, because of the location (within two inches of the belly button in the fat.) By the time I am through with this process, I may be cured of my fear. As I said, it was an interesting weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Leave a comment here.