Thursday, March 13, 2014

We should recognize that women become mothers the moment they are pregnant
Alveda King

Today, I got stuck with a needle, and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I had my Dr. appointment early this morning, and they took a vial of blood to do a pregnancy test. Of course, like always, my angry veins were not cooperating, and they had to dig around for a while. For a person who hates needles, I have come a long way. I even watched her do this for the first time today. The appointment only lasted about 5 minutes, and they told me that they would contact me by 2 or 3, and if not, to call them. As my phone was dead, and I wanted Cameron to be the first one to hear the news, I told them to call him. (Also, I have been staying at my parents for the week, and I knew I would not be alone when I heard the news. I did not want to give anything away until Cam knew)

Mom and I were shopping, checking out Academy for a bathing suit for Dad, when Cam called. Since it was before noon, I was not expecting to hear any news from him. He started out the conversation telling me the Dr. had contacted him, and by the sound of his voice, it was not good news. He could not keep up the farce for long though. WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A BABY!!! I am officially pregnant. My little fighter embryo had held on, and is now the size of a poppy seed. (I am quite sure it is the cutest little poppy seed ever!) I cried right there in the swim suit aisle. All I could do was send mom a big "Thumbs UP" and smile.

Within a few hours, most of our family and friends were told, and we have just been basking in the knowledge that we will be parents. Cam's version of telling people is "We are having a baby, and it's a girl." Of course, we will not know the sex for a while, but he says, "It does not have a penis yet, so it's a girl" He was counting the number of times he could get away with saying penis and it still be acceptable. (I think I married a child.) I wish we were not across the state from each other right now, but even that can't take away our joy.

The one rain on our fabulous day was the discovery of a huge, HUGE rash around where I get my progesterone shots every night. (dad has been giving them to me daily, and doing a good job. I was afraid, but I guess I should not have been) I read that hives are common in pregnancy, and I guess they can just pop up out of nowhere. I sure wish they would just go away. I have also been having a lot of dry skin and I have been drinking a LOT more water than normal. So far, those are the main symptoms besides sore nipples and being tired. I found out that most of the cramping I have been having is due to my ovaries shrinking back to size. (Oh joy... I should have known)

I'm pregnant. I'm actually 100% certified pregnant. Right now, I am 4 weeks along. My due date is approximately November 19th. I love that I will have a baby slightly before Christmas. It will truly be the most wonderful time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Leave a comment here.