Friday, March 7, 2014

Just wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin' Plannin' and dreamin'
~Dusty Springfield

Waiting is not fun. I have been resisting the urge to take a home pregnancy test. I will resist though. The last thing I want to do is take the test to early, and end up stressing myself out if it is a false negative. I have been experiencing pregnancy symptoms, but I can easily attribute that to my progesterone shots. I did wake up this morning nauseous, and dizzy, which is a new symptom, and gives me hope.

The shot, oh, the shot. I am so tired of getting those stupid shots. My haunches are bumpy and sore, and the worst part is, as I mentioned, the strong simulated pregnancy symptoms. I have been having horrible gas (toxic, and frequent), body aches (my muscles feel like they are ripping from my body), sore breasts, and menstrual-like cramping (which could also be implanting..???). I was at first excited about all of these symptoms, because, these are also some of the first signs to look for in pregnancy. One day, all the symptoms were especially strong, so I did what I do, and researched the symptoms of my shot. Progesterone in a normal pregnancy, and at normal levels causes the symptoms you experience. However, in my case, I am getting high doses of the hormone, and therefore, more aggressive symptoms. (YEAH)

One of the most noticeable symptoms (besides the gas... I'm sorry if you get stuck in an elevator with me) is the weight gain. This past week alone, I have gained 8 lbs. I weigh 10 lbs. more today than I ever have in my life. I already look pregnant, and and feel like a whale. Yes, I started this journey out a bit overweight, and that does not help. The steroids, multiple other medications and injections, and these awful progesterone shots have put my weight gain into "warp speed".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Leave a comment here.