Sunday, December 9, 2012

"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon"
~Doug Larson

I have struggled with weight all my life. I have been on so many crash diets, loosing 10 lbs. and then in one weak moment I would eat a whole bowl of cookie dough and gain 15. In one of my most recent attempts, I tried to cook healthy... it may be great for some people, but for this Okie girl who was raised on beef, potatoes, and butter it was a nightmare. I did have one recipe that I was exteremly pleased with. Of course, I found it while mindlessly scrolling through miles of pinterest board.

Caulifouwer pizza dough sounds about as appetizing a bar of soap, but is really quite surprising. There are a ton of recipes out there, so just choose the one you can follow. (the ones with lots of pictures are my favorite) The whole thing takes about 40 Minutes, not including clean up. That takes me another 40 minutes because I have to use every dish in my kitchen to boil water. Luckily for me, I have a husband that is more than slightly OCD, and makes a great sous chef.

The one I chose to use I found here: recipegirl.com
Helpful tip, make sure to grease the pan really well. The cauliflower tends to stick.
My pizza toppings of choice:
Basil pesto
Pine nuts
Dried tomatoes
Grilled Chicken seasoned with Cavanders all purpose greek seasoning
A little fresh parmesean
Mozzarella

For extra flavor, mix olive oil and Cavanders and put on the crust before baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Leave a comment here.