Monday, December 10, 2012

“I never said, 'I want to be alone.' I only said 'I want to be let alone!' There is all the difference.” ~ Greta Garbo

I am not one of those girls who follows the exploits of England's Royal family. I have never swooned over either of the Princes, I did not stay up all night to watch the wedding, and I don't really care which dress she wore to what garden party. I however do catch myself reading an article or two about them while waiting in the check out line at the grocery store, and have to admit, I think that Kate is one of the most stunning people I have ever seen. The idea of a modern day, real life rags-to-riches Cinderella story does intrigue me. What sickens me is the press that follows them everywhere. I think of how William's mother died, and I can't help but hate the press because of it. I know that as a public figure, you will never have much in the way of privacy, but I do feel sorry for them.

Lately, with the "Royal Pregnancy" I have been paying a little more attention because they are in the headlines more often. I saw an article on facebook the other day, and I could not help but click on the link and see what was going on. The article sickened me. There are actually people out there that are pressuring the couple to abort their child!! WAY to far people! you can talk about a woman's right to choose all day, but pressuring her to abort and calling William a selfish person because the speculation is that he is forcing her to keep the baby is absolute poppycock.

I believe in the sanctity of life, and any life, no mater how small, is life. No baby should die because of a mother's selfishness. To an even greater degree, who would have the audacity to tell Kate that she needs to kill off the future King or Queen living in her womb? I am quite sure Anne Boleyn would roll over in her grave if this were to happen. The article I read kept saying that they are so young, and they have their whole lives ahead of them. They need to travel, see the world, and live a little before settling down. This made me laugh out loud. We are not talking about Ronald and Sue, who live down the street in a 5th floor walk up. We are talking about a Prince and Princess of ENGLAND. While, I am sure they will be great parents, they will not be without help in raising any little royals that they make. As far as the traveling goes, it is their job. William, at least has been around the world since childhood. Most people would love to go to half the places the royal couple have been.

Kate, I know you will never read this, but I just want to say that you hold your head up, keep eating those crackers to keep the nausea down, and press on. This too will pass. I would give you a hug to support you, but I would be shot by the secret service, so I guess I will not spend the money on a plane ticket to England.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Leave a comment here.