Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Pregnant by 30


Well guys, It looks like I will be pregnant until proven otherwise on my 30th birthday.

We had another appointment today and we still aren't sure if what we heard was good or bad. The Dr said he saw "4 or 5 follicles that look good." Not sure if he thinks we will only get that many (last time they retrieved 11) or that out of all they get he thinks there are going to be at least 4 or 5 he will be able to fertilize. He hinted at triggering tonight, so i was anxiously trying not to be anxious and forcing myself to not check my portal every three minutes. 

Because it is such a beautiful day, I took H for a picnic at the Lowes parking lot to watch the new shopping center construction. I might as well have taken him to Disney. He was in heaven. We also got groceries and he somehow managed to come home with another new toy, a garbage truck just like one of his favorite TV characters has. Right now he is napping with a garbage truck and a little trash can. I can hear him talking to it and saying, "The recycling is all gone now!"

After our distraction that took a couple of hours, I came home and immediately checked the computer for any news. It was there waiting patiently for me. 

We will continue as we have been tonight and tomorrow morning, but then I will get my trigger shot (ovidril, that tells my body to ovulate) tomorrow night. The retrieval procedure is scheduled for Friday, February 24th. People, that is my 30th birthday. The follicles will be fertilized Friday as well. We will know some time on Saturday how many actually 'took' and are officially embryos (little babies.)

Believing as I do that life begins at conception, by the end of the day on my 30th birthday (a date I have actually been dreading for some time now) I will be pregnant until proven otherwise. No matter how it turns out, we will have created life. The little life (lives) created have no idea how much they are already incredibly loved and wanted. 

I just want to praise God right now for His mercies and guidance through all of this. It has been a difficult process, and it is far from over, but I have felt His hand guiding us. I pray that he keeps his angles around our new tiny lives that will soon be in this world and helps them to grow big and strong to survive the process of getting back into mommy's tummy. 

If you have never thought about IVF before, this is an odd concept for you, but as of Friday evening, I will have children being baby sat by a Dr. while I am an hour away at home. As odd or silly as it sounds, that motherly protective instinct is already there and the idea makes me feel a little odd inside. Because I know there is nothing I can possibly do to hep the process except pray my heart out, I will be doing so. 

Please, if you are praying for us, also pray that those little 'embies' grow as they should and look strong and healthy under the microscope. Pray for me as I will be having surgery, and there is always risk involved. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Leave a comment here.