Sunday, February 19, 2017

IVF, The Stim. Phase: Day Five


Today is day five of the stimulation phase of my IVF cycle. I am really beginning to feel my ovaries at this point.

We started stimulation medications on Wednesday the 15th. I take one oral pill and get two Follistem injections (150 dose each time) each day.  The needles are really small, and the shots haven't been too bad. Yesterday I noticed I am starting to bruise around my belly button, and my jeans are a little snug where I am bloating.

Today, Sunday the 19th of January we had our day 5 appointment where I had a blood draw and an ultrasound. My veins didn't want to give up any blood, despite the large amounts of fluids I had been drinking since waking up. I ended up getting stuck a total of four times before they got the vial filled. This was not their fault, but the fault of my teeny tiny veins and their stubbornness. An early morning appointment (8:15) didn't help anything.

My ultrasound went well. The Dr. said there were a lot of good size follicles on the right side, but some of them were actually looking too big, which means they might not have an egg in them, but could simply be fluid filled. On the left side, he didn't find as many follicles, but they were all a good size. Over all he didn't give much away either way, but seemed to be pleased with my ovaries.

The ultrasound today was much more uncomfortable than it has been in the past. My ovaries are beginning to get really large and as of this morning, I felt like I could feel them. The ultrasound probe pushing on my swollen ovaries was definitely not pleasant. Not incredibly painful, just uncomfortable.

This evening, I feel SO bloated. I am starting to have that full pregnancy feel to my whole abdomen area. I guess, since that is the ultimate goal, I can't complain much.

Tomorrow is exciting in its own way. We get to start doing a second injectable medication, Ganirellix (250 dose) in the morning. This means a total of three shots a day, which isn't exactly something to celebrate, but that means we are just that much closer to the end of the process. We only have five doses of this medication and in theory, should not have to order any more.

What does all of this mean?

If my body does what it is supposed to do, I should be able to do my trigger shot (Ovidrel) on the night of my 30th birthday. Happy Birthday to me!! That means that more than likely, I will be having my retrieval procedure next Sunday, the 26th. THE END IS NEAR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Leave a comment here.