Saturday, January 14, 2017

Pray, Wait, Trust


Tomorrow I start my injections. I have watched the training videos and I have the medications and needles all ready to go. There is nothing more I can do right now except wait, and trust that this is going to come out the way it is supposed to.

The stimulation phase of IVF can last anywhere from nine to fourteen days. Because every one of these days in this period is filled with some form of injections, pills, blood draws,  waiting and more waiting, it can seem like an eternity. At this point we have been waiting (sometimes not so patiently) since early November to start this cycle.  We are now just starting the actual process but actually SO close to the end. It is January 14th, and we are probably going to have the entire procedure completed before the end of the month.

After all this time, you would think I would be an expert at waiting, but I am NOT. I need constant reminders to slow down and to trust the Lord. My strength comes from Him and goodness knows I need as much of it as possible to get through what I am going to be going through.

I have decided to compile a list of verses to get me through this waiting period. I know I made a similar post recently, but that's ok, one can never have too many scriptures to turn to.  I am choosing this day to serve God and to find delight in His word and His promises to me.

Even if, in the end we do not end up with a baby, I will praise Him because He has sustained me through this process.

1. But you, oh Lord are a shield for me, my glory and the one who lifts up my head.
    Psalm 3:3

2. I will walk by faith even when I can not see.
    2 Corinthians 5:7

3. Be still and know that I am with you.
    Psalm 46:10

4. Do not be afraid for I am with you. Don't be discouraged , for I am your God. I will strengthen you    
    and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
    Isaiah 41:10

5. But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me.
    2 Timothy 4:17

6. When you've done everything you can do, that's when God will step in and do what you can't do.
     2 Corinthians 12:10

7. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him.
    Psalm 37:7

8. People can plan what they want to do but it is the Lord who guides their steps.
    Proverbs 16:9

9. The Pain that you have been feeling can't compare to the joy that is coming.
    Romans 8:18

10. God can restore what is broken and change it into something amazing. All you need is faith.
      Joel 2:5

11. Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill His promises to her.
      Luke 1:45

12. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer.
      Romans 12:12

13. Wait my daughter until you learn how the matter turns out.
       Ruth 3:18

14. Let the morning bring me word of Your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in You.
      Psalm 143:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! Leave a comment here.