Monday, December 5, 2016

Instead of focusing on the negative emotions of what I am going through I searched for verses that spoke truth


"She holds onto hope for God is forever faithful."
~ 1 Corinthians 1:9
As we have gone through this journey of infertility and IVF, I have been making a Pinterest board called Infertility Feels. Mostly, there are memes about infertility. There are some tips on financing, etc., but mostly, it is a collection of pretty sarcastic and even negative posts.

Some days I think it just made me feel better to pin these memes that were voicing what I wish I were brave or bold enough to say in real life. Some days, seeing something that described my feelings made me feel better.

A couple of days ago, I realized that although, there is nothing exactly wrong with this board, I needed to add some positivity to it. After all, my faith, my hope in my God is what sustains me. I know that beyond a shadow of a doubt, I have hope. Even if this cycle does not end up the way we anticipate, I will praise Him. I really felt I needed to praise Him more publicly, and on this board about infertility. Instead of focusing on the negative emotions of what I am going through, I began to specifically search for and pin verses that spoke truth into my situation.

I'm not going to tell you that I immediately felt better about it and I felt baby dust and hope rising in me. I did have a subtile shift though. I am more at peace with myself and my emotions about doing IVF again.

Here are a few of my favorite verses I found that really spoke to my heart about God's promises to me about our infertility. If you have a favorite verse you feel would be applicable, put it in the comments.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding..."
~ Proverbs 3:5

"He heals the broken hearted."
~ Psalm 147:3

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that can not be counted."
~ Job 5:9

"Wait, my daughter until you learn how the matter turns out."
~ Ruth 3:18

"And so it was... that she, having waited long and endured patiently realized and obtained what God had promised." 
~ Hebrews 6:15

"She confidently trusts in the Lord to take care of her."
~ Psalm 112:7

"He will cover you with His feathers and under his wings you will find refuge."
~ Psalm 91:4

"The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me."
~ Psalm 138:8

A quote I pinned that really spoke to me as I was gathering verses is what drove me to write this post. I have never believed in a health and prosperity doctrine. I do not believe that because I am a child of God that when I pray, I get my wishes granted. I don't serve a genie, but a loving Father who wants the best for his children. Sometimes, His best doesn't line up with my best. Sometimes, I am tempted to question Father on his motives for situations I am in. This quote drove all those these verses home for me.
"Faith is not about everything turning out okay. Faith is about being okay no matter how things turn out."
~Unknown
No matter the outcome of our upcoming procedure, I will confidently have faith in the Lord to take care of me and my family.


4 comments:

  1. Psalm 147:11 " the Lord Delights in those who fear Him who put their hope in his unfailing love."
    And reminder that we delight Him because of our Hope in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this verse after I wrote the post. I really love it too:
    "Just as you cannot understand the path of the wind or the mystery of a tiny baby growing in its mother's womb, so you cannot understand the activity of God, who does all things."
    Eccl. 11:5

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you! Leave a comment here.